Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Dead Sacrifices

10. Cowboy (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5)

Death: On Saturday, September 8 1989, Cowboy died of complications from HIV AIDS. He was two weeks shy of his 39th birthday.


9. MC Trouble

Death: MC Trouble died of an epileptic seizure in 1991, on her 19th birthday.MC Trouble was the first female emcee ever signed to Motown Records. In 1990 she made her rounds on BET and YO! MTV Raps with “(I Wanna) Wanna Make You Mine”.


8. Buffy (Fat Boys)

Death: on December 10, 1995, Darren “Buffy, the Human Beatbox” Robinson died of a heart attack in Rosedale, New York. He was 28 years old and reportedly 450 lbs.


7. Eazy E

Death: In 1995, Eazy-E entered the hospital with what he believed to be bronchitis. He was diagnosed with AIDS, and almost immediately announced his illness to the public. He died soon after, on March 26, 1995.


6. Grym Reaper aka Too Poetic (Gravediggaz)

Death: In April 1999: “Grym Reaper” was diagnosed with a deadly colon cancer, and was given only three months to live. On Sunday, July 15, 2001, Anthony “Grym Reaper” Berkeley passed away, almost two years longer than the time he was given by the doctors.


5. Ol Dirty Bastard

Death: ODB collapsed at approximately 5:29pm on November 13, 2004 at Wu-Tang’s recording studio. He was pronounced dead less than an hour later, only two days shy of his 36th birthday. He had a lethal mixture of cocaine and the prescription painkiller Tramadol in his system at the time of his death.


4. Big L

Death: On February 15 , 1999 Big L was shot seven times in the head and chest and killed on 139th Street, just blocks away from his Harlem home. He was 24 years old.


3. Big Pun

Death: Struggling with weight problems during his lifetime, Pun died on February 7, 2000 after a fatal heart attack.


2. Notorious B.I.G.

Death: On March 9, 1997, Biggie was shot and killed in Los Angeles, where he had been attending a party by VIBE Magazine near the Peterson Automotive Museum.


1. Tupac

Death: Tupac was shot in a drive-by on September 7, 1996 after the boxing match between Mike Tyson and Bruce Seldon in Las Vegas. Shakur was hit several times (including once in the lung) while attempting to jump in the back seat. He died in the hospital on September 13, 1996.

…and counting

Young people, Christ is so soon to come. You have to make up in your mind are you going to become a living sacrafice for Jesus or a dead sacrafice for the devil. If you have strayed away from God, may the Lord override your heart and create in you a clean heart and renew a right spirit within you. May the Lord wash you, cleanse you, and keep you for His divine will and purpose.

Prayer of Salvation:

Almighty Father,

I know and acknowledge that I am a sinner. I repent, right now, of all my sins, and I am asking you to forgive me. You said in your Word, “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13). And so, I am calling on the name of your Son, Jesus, to come into my heart and be my Savior.


You also said, “. . . if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved” (Romans 10:9). I believe with my heart that Jesus died for my sins and was raised from the dead so that I may have eternal life. I confess Him, right now, as my Lord.

In the name of Jesus I submit this prayer.

Amen.






No comments: