Tuesday, September 22, 2009

WAKE UP!!!: The spirit of “Affectation” at its finest


1 John 2:18-19 (NKJV) 18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the[c] Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Affectation is explained extensively in Anti-Christ Superstar

Mase Drops Another Rap Remix.. Is This Mase Return To Rap??

Mase has shown further signs of his return to the rap game by releasing a version of Trey Songz’ “I Need A Girlfriend.” Referencing Diddy’s memorable “Bad Boy” slogan, Mase’s latest record shows the emcee professing his feelings towards a love interest and confirming his rap return.

“I guess the prophecy was true,” he says in the song’s intro. “‘Cause Diddy told us ten years from now we’d still be on top. I thought I told you that we won’t stop. Now Mase wanna take you where it’s sunny and enjoy you like my money/Have you out the ‘hood, so your crew think you acting funny/And one night can be a long week on a Rome beach/50 carat in each charm and that’s a charm a piece/Hopping out of planes, shopping out of Spain…You can take my fame, take my chain, take the name, take the glam/It don’t mean a thing, just as long as you and me remain/You with me, I’m with you/So I know what we can do/Take a trip out to Peru but not speaking on what we do…Tell everybody that the boy back in the building/Tell Suge to bring the duffle, I’m about to make a killing.” (”I Need A Girlfriend” remix) (SOHH)

By Houston Williams

The death of Michael Jackson has inspired a return to rap by rapper-turned-preacher Mase.

“I’m excited. Mike [Jackson] passed away. It lit a fire under me and made me want to go in the studio and do something,” Mase told DJ Self of New York’s Power 105 FM after the legendary pop singer died.

Still, Mase said that he knows nothing of about contemporary rappers and needed help finding out Hip-Hop’s top talents.

“I asked my lil’ nephew and said, ‘Who is the hottest thing out there?’ He said ‘Drake, Drake.’ I said I gotta see what record he got and I said I’m going to jump on a joint.”

He said he eventually got the re-make to DJ Self to break the record.

“You know I stay with a couple [rhymes] under my sleeves. I just need a place to play them,” Mase said.

No comments: